【Pre-Order】Fire in the Lake Insurgency in Vietnam
Please read our pre-order policy at the foot of the webpage before ordering (It is important when you want the order sent separately).
Please be aware that the following product is a pre-order and is expected to be released/(Re)stocked in April 2024.
As our supplier hasn’t provided a detailed release/restock date, so it is likely to delay. Thus, we strongly recommend you to order this item separately with all other items to avoid the possible late dispatch of the whole order.
Volume IV in GMT’s COIN Series dives headlong into the momentous and complex battle for South Vietnam. A unique multi-faction treatment of the Vietnam War, Fire in the Lake will take 1 to 4 players on US heliborne sweeps of the jungle and Communist infiltration of the South, and into inter-allied conferences, Saigon politics, interdiction of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, air defense of Northern infrastructure, graduated escalation, and media war.
Renowned designer and modern warfare expert Mark Herman joins COIN Series creator Volko Ruhnke for a collaborative production not to be missed. Fire in the Lake features the same card-assisted counterinsurgency game system as GMT's Andean Abyss, Cuba Libre, and A Distant Plain, with a pack of twists that take the Series to another level, including:
- Pivotal events that trump initiative (Tet Offensive, Vietnamization, Easter Offensive, and Linebacker II)
- Inter-coup campaign effects that vary by RVN leader
- Counterinsurgent guerrillas (US-led Irregulars and ARVN Rangers)
- Insurgent troops (NVA) for direct force-on-force engagements
- Tunneled VC and NVA bases
- Trail construction and degradation
- A larger-than-ever event deck for even greater play variety
- Short and medium-length scenarios with either random or period-event options